Friday, May 2, 2014

K.I.T.

Good bread needs not much, a dash of paprika with a sprinkle of salt and you’re all set.

Good music, food, and clothing follow the same logic, not much is necessary. Some contrast and balance, et voilà, harmony is achieved. 

Do I have the record on the right speed? I asked myself.
It’s so slow and I have a habit of forgetting to check so that I always play everything in slow motion.
I have a friend who reminds me of this sometimes and we laugh about it.

Luckily this time, the speed is correct, it’s just the music is so easy breezy. 
Apparently, Lubin is a fairly young guy making his mark distinctly it seems, with releases
on Jeff Mills Axis Records 6277 label, Controllability back in 2005 as well as on m50's Kimochi with the Threshold EP from 2012 which is what I have the pleasure of hearing.  

Talent as such needs much attention. 
More research is necessary but for now I will rely on his Threshold,  packaged beautifully with a nice sticker to boot might I add.

I heard Lubin play over a year ago at Primary with Mix Mup and m50
I couldn’t handle the harsh red light bulbs on the video screen so I gave up trying.  Needless to say, I have yet to hear other than a record and I think that’ll do just fine for the time. 

The other side is lots of shake it shake it. Organized, clean and thoughtful sounds that wake up even the grayest of cats. 

Stretch, shake, lounge, wander, do as you please as long as the music sets you at ease. 

No comments:

Post a Comment